why start an affiliate website in the first place?
Good question, why should you start one in the first place? Well, there are a lot of reasons why read on to find out
1. Supplement/augment your income
Most of us make just enough. And sometimes not enough money every month. And it would be foolish if you are going to keep sticking. To just what you are making every month. Stop hoping for a raise that is unlikely to happen. Or a promotion that will never come. Take charge of your financial life. You need to have another source of income. Regardless of how much you are making monthly. And affiliate marketing is a viable option for making money online on the side. If done right.
2. Alternative to the regular 9-5 job
You have an issue with your job. It may either be the working hours. Or what you’re getting paid is getting you by until next payday. Or your not happy with how your boss is treating you. And you’re getting burned out with the regular grind of the 9-5. And your thinking there’s a better way of making money? If so then why not try blogging. Here you don’t have the typical 9-5 schedule and you don’t need a background in computers to get started.
4.Wants to be the boss someday
this one is more on the personal satisfaction aspect. One way or another there will come a time when you would want be your own boss. You would long be the one on the driver seat of your life. You will want to be the one calling the shots. And you can never do that to your 9-5 job.
7. Wants financial freedom.
Everybody wants financial freedom I could not imagine anyone who would not want to be financially free. Financial freedom is no longer just a dream anymore. But the thing is financial freedom means going beyond your comfort zone. This means going beyond what you normally do with your job and finding out ways how you can make another form of income. The key to financial freedom is multiple sources of income preferably passive income. And one of the best ways to make multiple sources of income is through affiliate marketing.
How to start an affiliate website the smart way
Here I am going to teach you how to set up an affiliate website. The smart way, the first step is crucial. This step makes this tutorial “the smart way”
1. Go to KWfinder click here or on the image
2. Sign up to their website
3. Click Keyword research tool
For example, dog train and kw finder will fill it in with related keywords
5.KW finder will show you related keyword
6. From here you can already determine whether
- there is enough traffic for your niche
- how difficult it will be to rank on your targeted niche
- there is enough targeted keyword to rank for
- determine already how profitable your niche base on PPC
- You could see the trend of the keyword
- Find out if it would be worth the trouble pursuing the niche
You see the problem with newbies is. They just dive in head first into blogging. Without doing any preemptive research. Don’t just blog to blog. Blog with a plan. And it starts with keyword research.
After you have determined if the niche you are targeting is profitable and mined keywords that you can use to rank for. The next step would be is to buy a domain name.
4. Buy a domain name
The good thing about the WA(Wealthy Affiliate) platform you don’t need to go anywhere’
WA has a built-in domain registry of its own.
Just type in your desired domain name and the registry will inform you if the domain name is still available
The key here is to prepare 1-3 domain name just in case your target domain name is already taken
Steps in choosing a domain name for your affiliate website
1. Keep it short
2.make it simple
3. Use keywords
4. Avoid numbers and hyphens
5. Make it relevant
If, you like to read an in-depth post about domain names click on this link
To learn more on how to create a domain name, click on the link
5. Pick a theme
This one is a personal choice, for me, I use the spacious theme because it fits my needs. There is no exact since on picking a theme. Use whatever works
6. Write content
The key here is to just take the plunge and write. Don’t be afraid because your writing sucks. Just go for it. One thing I learned from blogging is. You get better at it over time. Just keep going at it. Keep writing and publishing content. One of the main enemies of newbie bloggers is fear and perfectionism.
- You are afraid that people will judge your quality of work
- You’re afraid that people will say you blog sucks. Well, guess what it does suck at first. It always does for the first time. Nobody is great at their first time.
- You spend hours obsessing for the most minute details of your post. And you end up not posting at all
- You analyze too much to the point that it paralyzes you. And you end up with no post at all.
How to write content for your blog
1. Click post to create a post
2. Click add new to make a new post
3. Enter title on the title bar and start typing your post.
Read related post
6. Pick an affiliate network
How to pick an affiliate network relevant to your niche
To learn how to pick an affiliate network relevant to your niche. Click on the image or this link to watch the video
Profitable networks to choose from
I have listed some profitable affiliate networks you can choose from. I recommend doing your own research not just stick with this list
7. Promote your affiliate website
2 type of promotions
1. Free promotion
Highly cost-effective and profitable but not easy to acquire. Requires discipline and continues the effort. This requires SEO know how. I recommend you ask for a specialist
2. Paid promotion
This one is very easy to get. The thing is you have to do your research. And your marketing plan needs to be in place that includes your customer profiling. Otherwise, your only throwing away money. One of the best-paid promotions I used is Facebook marketing. Because of the highly targeted marketing it provides.
Things to remember about affiliate website
Now that you have started an affiliate website and its up and running there are things you should remember
- Once you have your website up and running, it requires ongoing attention
- You should start to look for ways to improve your site(e.i add images, adding meta tags, SEO creating quality content etc)
- Blogging is for the long term, expect no immediate return on investment.
- Start optimizing your website for SEO
Read related post
In conclusion, now that you know how to start an affiliate website. My advice is blogging requires constant discipline, effort, and sacrifice. If you want to succeed. Blogging is not to be taken too seriously. Try to have fun while you’re at it. Remember you are in this for the long run. Lastly, seek advice from other experienced bloggers (That would be me!). On how you can move forward with your blog. If you like to learn more about blogging you can follow me on
Send me a message at email@example.com
Or you can sign up to my mailing list